Ideas and solutions for a Healthy Plastic Free Mediterranean Sea
In the frame of the Pilot Action on marine litter, BlueMed launches an Hackathon team challenge to develop ideas and solutions for a Healthy Plastic Free Mediterranean Sea, to promote sustainable blue growth and circular bioeconomy in the Mediterranean.
The competition is dedicated to 18-30 year-old MSc and PhD candidates or graduates in STEM disciplines, designers/creatives and marine sciences young professionals, with no restriction on geographical origin.
Winners will receive the unique opportunity to be trained by a pool of experts in developing a business plan, and present it to inverstors at ECOMONDO Exhibition in October 2021, the most important event in Europe for technological and industrial innovation for circular economy.
Go to the BlueMed page on the SEMED platform:
and fill out the form included therein. You can find more details in the BlueMed Hackhaton rules for participation.
Registrations are open until May 10th 2021.
- May 18th: Start of the competition and team creation.
During the first meeting the BlueMed Pilot Staff will propose up to three challenges related to plastics pollution to be solved with an innovative approach. Participants will be split in teams and will be associated to a scientific mentor and a technical one.
- Download the meeting agenda (link to connect inside).
- Remote team work and mentoring meetings. Teams will focus on finding a solution to the assigned challenge. They will work remotely online and will have three meetings with their mentors to discuss and validate the scientific background, the project methodology and support the pitching preparation.
- May 31st: Video Pitch submission. Teams will prepare a video pitch of max 3 minutes to present their project. They will deliver a video to be shown during the final event.
- June 17th: Final Event. Winner team announcement, video pitches broadcast and identified solution presentation.
- Download the Final Event agenda (link to register inside).
The event is organised by BlueMed with the support of SEMED.